Friday, September 25, 2009

It's Beginning to Feel a lot Like......

FALL!!!!!! It's in the 60's today, and though it's overcast and gray, there is a little nip in the air, and we've lost some of our yucky humidity. I've been sooo looking forward to pot roasts, chili, pumpkin bread, spiced cider on the stove, and all of the other yummy delicacies that go hand-in-hand with the season.

Soooo....I have this ready to go in the oven. I have all afternoon to cook it nice and slooooooow....yum!



And, I just pulled this out of the oven. Pumpkin chocolate chip bread..mmmmmmmm......



I love fall!!!!

6 comments:

Kelley said...

Got room for one more? That looks so delicious! You're gonna have to teach me how to cook when I'm a work-in-the-home mom again.

These are the Days! said...

Oh Kelley--I'm definitely not fit to teach anyone to cook!!! ;) Ha! I just make it up as I go....you'll be "working at home" soon again, for sure...and then you can search the computer for recipes, and take a little from each one, like I do! Lol!!!! ;)

Jessica Ryan said...

Looks delish... is there any wine in there? LOL I LOVE your header photo and new layout!

These are the Days! said...

Nope...I used Soyaki...my fav. marinade for pot roast...however, I am drinking wine WITH IT!! Just finished one glass, ready to pour another.... :)

Tommy was just laughing at my header...but I thought all the colors were so pretty! Ha!

Mary E. said...

Hmm, I can't believe you fixed this when you knew we were going out to dinner, so that we didn't get to share it with you...:) Seriously, that is a beautiful culinary work of art! And I am dying to have a piece of that bread. I need to get to the store and get some ingredients!

Margaret said...

So jealous of your fall weather! And now you have pumpkin chocolate chip bread on my mind (thanks!!) so I guess I'll HAVE to make it this weekend! :)