Friday, October 09, 2009

It's Been Crazy Around Here!

Wow...gone are the leisurely summer days, spent lazing (er, rather, chasing after two kids) by the pool, playing outside until the sun goes down, evening walks around the neighborhood, playgrounds, parks, heat, humidity. Fall is here, and I think WINTER is following quickly in her footsteps. It's COLD here. It's been rainy and chilly, and those crazy weather-people are calling for scattered SNOW showers on Monday. What?!? It's the beginning of October, people...how is that possible?

The days are shorter, and we're trying to cram as much as possible into each one. Preschool, playdates, visits to pumpkin patches, and the apple orchard, Soccer, and Music classes, and me teaching three mornings a week...it's a tad bit crazy around here. Which, makes me really and truly appreciate mornings like this one, where I can savor my coffee with a hint of gingerbread spice (and no, Brooke is not going to indulge in my creamer today, FB friends, I promptly put it back into the fridge after each use now :), and lounge around in my pj's with my hair a frazzled/frizzled mess. A trip to Target is in order though (woohoo--I looove any excuse to get to Target :), so, I'll probably go run comb through my hair, throw it back, and get the kiddos into their gear--jeans, sweaters, coats..ugh..., and make sure to pick up some play-dough so I can have 30 minutes this afternoon to get a little work done!

Much ado about nothing, I guess! ;)

1 comment:

Jessica Ryan said...

really that cold?!

have fun at my favorite spot on earth!