Monday, October 12, 2009

"Connor-isms"...the Latest and the Greatest.....

Just a few funny things our ever-thinking four year old has come up with, lately! :)


Mommy (TO DADDY): "I don't know what we are going to do about Brooke. Time-outs don't work, nothing works...we need to figure out a form of discipline that will WORK!!!"

Connor: "Mommy, I think you need to build her a dog cage......that's the only thing that's going to work." ;)

I guess little ears are always listening to grown-up conversations! ;) We laughed sooo hard (after explaining that though this might be just the ticket, it is highly illegal, and mommy and daddy would most certainly get in big trouble). I'm pretty sure he understood...hopefully.... ;)

.....................................................................................

We were out for a walk recently, and the weather was undoubtedly chilly. We only made it a little ways down our street before turning around and heading for home.

Mommy: "It is FREEZING out here. Connor, I'm going to need to drag out your big, puffy, winter coat. I can't believe how cold it is already!"

Connor: "Mommy, what does puffy mean?"

Mommy: "You know, like, big, squishy, lumpy...remember?"

Connor: "Ohhhhhhh...you mean like your tummy????"

Mommy: *Sigh*, "Exactly".... ;)

.....................................................................................

Connor and Gramps were sitting watching TV the other day, and this wonderful convo. was relayed back to me. Apparently, a commercial for a toothpaste dispenser came on.

Connor: "Oh Gramps, I wish Mommy would buy one of those things for her toothpaste."

Gramps: "Really, Connor? Why???"

Connor: (Sighs)..."Cause her bathroom is suuuuuch a mess..."

Thanks, Con! ;) I really appreciate you looking out for the cleanliness of my bathroom!!! Time to learn how to scrub out a sink and a toilet...bathtub, too! ;)

4 comments:

Marie said...

LOL!!! out of the mouths of babes :)

Jessica Ryan said...

we had a very similar conversation the other day... alexander and I were snuggling in bed... I told him that I loved the fact that he still had a couple of squishy spots like his belly and his tooshy... so the he rolls over and says... yeah, like your arms and your tummy... and your legs... GEE THANKS! LOL

Hannah said...

HAHAHA! Liz, I haven't laughed that hard for a while!! Hilarious!

Mary E. said...

So, so funny!!! He is quite the honest little person, although I don't think your tummy is very squishy and lumpy...not that I've seen it in quite some time. :) I love this little guy. He always has me laughing. Come to think of it, you and Anna did too!