Saturday, October 31, 2009

Cave Explorers!!!

We had an awesome day yesterday, visiting our good friends down in the southeastern part of the state. It was a spectacular day, our first hint of Indian Summer. Brilliant sunshine, and temps in the high seventies. I had such a fantastic time in the car driving both there, and back. The kids were pretty entertained with a DVD, while I sat in the driver's seat, admiring the gorgeous scenery, and reminiscing about time gone by. I attended college very close to where our friends now live, and I made this trip many, many times during that time in my life...under much different circumstances, though! ;) It made me feel young again....until I'd survey my surroundings...glance at the rearview mirror and see the two kiddos in the back seat, and then realize that I was cruisin' in a mini-van. Well, it was still an awesome day, even if I can't even pretend I'm 21 again for more than a split second!!! ;) Thanks Hannah, for hosting us...we had such a wonderful time, and can't wait to visit again, soon! And now, for a WHOLE SCHLEW of pictures.... :)







2 comments:

Mary E. said...

These are such great photos. The day was just an amazing one, weather wise, and just think...they were calling for showers. You and Hannah must have an "in" with our great Weather Maker. :) How neat that you can have this blog to always remind you of great memories like this.

Hannah said...

Loved those pics Liz and the FUN day we all had together!!! We do definitely have to do it again soon!!