Monday, October 19, 2009

Fellow Mommies.....I WANNA KNOW!!!!!!

Okay fellow mommies of toddlers (or kiddos who previously were toddlers)...please, please, please share some tips with me regarding HOW YOU GET ANYTHING DONE productively, without losing your patience a zillion times!!! Take cleaning, for instance. Today is my "cleaning" day. I am currently in the middle of cleaning the kitchen floor. As I stopped to check email, this is what happened...the "poltergeists" have attacked, again....or rather poltergeist, as Brooke did this on her own, Connor just came over once he saw what fun she was having. Mind you, they have a whole toy room and living room they can play in--15 feet away. They can do whatever their little hearts desire in there while I clean in the kitchen...I don't care...I just want 15 minutes to clean the kitchen floo

I give Brookie the dustbuster and let her help vaccuum...I let them "help" me wash windows...we took the pack and play away, because that just became a huge collector of toys...a.k.a...CRAP, so that's no longer an option. And, naptime is sporadic and questionable, so I can't always wait for that each day. Please, please, please...any tips or advise on how to keep an intense, high-energy, creative little 18 month old spirit occupied for 15 minutes, in a DIFFERENT area than I'm in, would be ever-so-helpful...as I'm about to lose my ever-lovin' mind!!! ;)

4 comments:

Jessica Ryan said...

one word. Swiffer.Wet Jet. Takes 5 minutes. while they sleep. Leaving plenty of time for blogging, FB and emails :)

Marie said...

I know this may not appeal to some people but what about turning on a video or tv show? I can thank the Wiggles for letting me get anything done at all when Sam was about 2. Can you strap her into a booster seat and give her playdough at the table while you clean the rest of the kitchen?

megan said...

I've got nothing. :) I use a babygate for the dogs, how's that? :P

I just read the Connor-isms - HILARIOUS!!! I can't believe how big both he and Brooke are getting.

These are the Days! said...

Thank you all--good...no GREAT tips!!! ;) Love, love, love the Swiffer idea, Jess...I've been meaning to buy one, and it WILL find it's way into my cart this week at the store! :)

Marie--I'm all about strapping her in her chair...it's the only time I can do anything without checking on her every two seconds!! :) I do this a lot--only problem is, our table is right in the middle of the kitchen, so doesn't always work to clean the floors...but, when I get my swiffer I'll be so speedy, that it just might work! :)

Megan--are you suggesting a dog cage, b/c that just might do the trick! :) LOL!