Friday, October 19, 2007

Connor, etc.! :)


We had our first trip to the ER with Connor on Tuesday. My poor baby! We were walking out the garage door to leave for the day, and he went ahead of me while I shut the door behind us. His little hands were full of toys to bring to "Bam-mom Mits" (Grandmom Smith's :) and was unable to use the wall as a guide. I realized this a mili-second too late as he went flying down the stairs, only to land on the hard concrete ground, below. Unfortunately, there is also a concrete perimeter around the garage wall, which initally broke Connor's fall--right between the eyes. It was awful--lots of blood. :( Thank God for family close by--Mimi and Grandpa came with us to the ER, where they were able to GLUE the little guy's head right back together again!!! We later went to Grandmom and Grandpop Smith's to show off the war-scars! Seeing all of his loving Grandparents, along with Sierra and Hunter brought Connor back to his old self in no time!!! ;) He's doing wonderfully, and we're soooo thankful that this was a quick fix and not more serious. Mama definitely learned a lesson about making sure to carefully walk Connor out the door in the mornings.....we pray this is the last incident for a good long while!!!


Yesterday, I went to the OB for my 16 week apt. My poor doctor could not find the baby's heartbeat with the doppler--too much static. I knew everything was most likely okay, since I felt movement the whole drive over--just moments before. He said apparently the baby wanted an ultrasound, and made a comment that obviously it was a girl since it was not cooperating with the doppler.....ha! I told him about our incident with Connor on Tuesday and said I begged to differ! ;) Anyway, we got a sneak peak at the little one who was busy, busy, busy in there! No wonder I've been able to feel movement! ;) The baby ALMOST revealed itself to us, but crossed his/her little legs before we could get a glimpse! Oh well....I want Tommy to be a part of that revelation, anyway, and as long as all goes well, and this little one cooperates, we'll find out at 20 weeks!!! Yay!


Hope everyone is well, and we'll update again, soon! ;)

1 comment:

Midwest Miscellany said...

Owie, that looks like it hurt! Your heart must have skipped a beat. So glad Connor is okay and it was something that could be "fixed".

How cool you got to see your little one! Did you get any prints?