Saturday, October 06, 2007

What a week!!!! ;)

Hello all!

Just a quick update! I finally have a little time on my hands after a CRAZY last week! We opened Paul Hamilton's exhibit in the gallery at the end of September and had many, many events surrounding the opening. All went well, but I am very tired...still catching up! ;)

Connor had croup during the opening weekend--poor kiddo was so sick. He's better now, though we think he might have had Fifth disease during that time, as well. No real symptoms except red cheeks and a lacy rash--the typical characteristics of Fifth's. This wasn't really an issue for him, but it could be for me. This is one of those diseases that you're supposed to avoid during pregnancy (though I've learned that with a toddler, it's almost impossible to avoid anything ;). I called my OB yesterday and they wanted me to go to the lab for blood work yesterday afternoon, just to make sure I wasn't infected recently. I had to take Connor with me, and he kept saying "deck Mama's bud" (check Mama's blood)....pretty funny! He was very sad that I had a boo-boo after the needle stick, and was kissing me incessantly--my sensitive little guy! :)

Well, he wasn't kidding about the boo-boo...yikes! I don't know who this girl was that stuck me with the needle, but my goodness....not only do I have a 1 1/2 inch scratch from where she drug the needle down my arm, but I'm thinking she collapsed the vein as well. It swelled considerably yesterday, and is all nasty today--blue and purple speckles!!!! Yuck! I've had a lot of blood taken over the past couple of years, and never have I had an experience like this! I think I'll request the other lady next time I go in for blood work!!!! Can you imagine if I had to do the 3 hour gluclose intolerance test again this time.....yikes! My whole arm would be purple! ;)

Anyway, I should find out the results on Monday. I'm not worried about it...this is all in God's hands, and He has the final say!!!! I'm praying that we get good results, though! :)

Well, I better get Mr. Connor moving so we can make it down to the Farmer's market! We love going down there on Saturday mornings...all sorts of fun stuff!!!! It's supposed to be in the 90's again this weekend--so much for cooler fall weather...being pregnant and irritable, I'm ready to lose the heat and humidity. I guess we'll wear our bathing suits to the Pumpkin Patch tomorrow! Ha! ;)

Love to all, and we'll keep everyone updated as things progress!!!!

No comments: