Monday, October 20, 2008

Has Blogging Replaced Writing in Baby Books?

I was just sitting here thinking about this....when Connor was an infant, I spent a great deal of time writing about every little thing he did, i.e., his first taste of green beans, squash, cereal, etc., the first time he giggled, belly-laughed, his reaction to every little thing, etc., etc. Since I was in the habit, he has a nice, full book of stories about him, with pictures, medical records, his own drawings--the works! Then, there is the baby book that I have for poor Brookie...the girl...the one who probably WILL care about how much time her mother took to record all of the little things she did each week that were new and exciting, and write about how dear she is to us, and how much her presence has impacted our lives, when she first tried green beans, and on what exact date she showed us that radiant smile.

Brookie's book is not so full of information. In fact, it's sparse. I've quickly jotted things down, and crammed some papers from the doctor in there. But I've yet to really WRITE in the book. Bad, bad mommy!!! However, I'm blogging!!! Most weeks at least once or twice. I post pictures, and dates, and stories...even video clips! Does this count? Is this the sign of the times? See, like right now, I could be taking this extra 10 minutes I found this afternoon to write an entry in Brookie's baby book. But, I have to think so hard to do that! I've been so neglegent, so where the heck would I start? However, the blog is up to date. It's easy--all the info is here.

So, for the record, Brooke is now eating applesauce, green beans, peas, rice cereal, bananas (she looooves bananas), and pears. I bought peaches for her to try this week. She is crawling, and driving her brother absolutely crazy trying to steal all of his toys. And we love her....DEARLY!!!! We cannot imagine life without her, and in fact it seems as if she's been with us always! :) Maybe I should print this and stick it in her baby book..... ;)

2 comments:

Mary E. said...

Liz, if you would print your blog out, which shouldn't be that hard, you could make your own little book with it! And that counts as a baby book! And for the record, Anna's book is a little meager compared to yours, but let's not share that information with her. :)

Jessica Ryan said...

what's a baby book ;) Tag you're it btw... stop on over to see what to do!