Friday, January 30, 2009

Back to Reality...

We had SNOW DAYS!!! Two glorious days with nothing to do except hang out within the walls of our house and watch the snow and ice accumulate...okay, maybe not most people's idea of fun...(including my own), except, I had my HELPER home with me!!! Tommy had two days off in a row, and we got to parent TOGETHER!!! Ahhhh--it's like a breath of fresh air! I took NAPS on Wednesday and Thursday with Brookie. Crawling into bed at 1pm was seriously the best feeling, ever. I was elated at the notion....just the thought of napping makes me smile. Connor behaved so well since he and Daddy had projects to work on, and he had a constant play-mate...he and Tommy even napped together on the couch yesterday--we ALL took a nap at the same time! Wow!!!! H.E.A.V.E.N......

We grocery shopped together yesterday afternoon, since we were starting to go a little stir-crazy...and though I forgot a few major things as I always do when we shop together (including coffee, milk and flushable wipes for Connor), a trip to Target today should solve that problem, and help with the stir-craziness! I had someone to unload the groceries into the car, out of the car, and entertain the kids while I put them away...bliss..pure bliss. I didn't even curse and scream when I dropped the enormous case of bottled water in the driveway and bottles went rolling all over the neighborhood--Tommy was behind me to pick them up!

But...all good things must come to an end...including snow days. And, Tommy is back at work today--with my car, since we were crazy and purchased his truck without 4 wheel drive meaning it's absolutely useless in the snow and ice. So, here we are, stranded within the walls of this said house. Brookie is crying because Connor is tired of playing with her and won't share. Connor already told me he "likes Daddy the much and wishes he were home", we've had one time-out and put away two toys so far this morning...and Connor just announced that Brookie is "making me (him) crazy". So, crazy we are, and crazy we'll go...stuck in this house with even more snow.......Mimi, come rescue us!!! Connor needs a haircut, and I need to go to Target!!! :)

2 comments:

Jessica Ryan said...

Or perhaps you could have titled this Reality Bites! ;) A truck w/out 4wd? Really, what were you thinking?!!!!

Mary E. said...

liz, so sorry I just saw this today. If you had called me, I would have tried to rescue you, although right now I can't remember that far back as to what I was doing on Friday. But I feel bad reading this!!