Friday, January 02, 2009

Happy New Year!

Wow, I cannot believe it's 2009...another year! Where did the last year go? It has been FOUR years now since we were just a couple...we found out we were pregnant with Connor on January 10th of 2005. It's hard to believe that four years have passed since it was just Tommy and I, and Gracie was our "baby"..(poor Grace ;).

We thoroughly enjoyed the holidays as a family of four--what fun! Though I did realize that I haven't really had time to sit around and watch Christmas movies, shop leisurely, or just sit and reflect on the holiday season since the children were born, I wouldn't trade this busy and chaotic time in our lives for anything at all. I know in years to come I will look back on these sweet moments and wish for nothing more than to hold a sleeping baby in my arms, or watch the joyful glee on my little boy's face as he sees yet another Christmas train set, or asks me to sing "Away in the Manger" as we snuggle under the covers in his cozy bed.

We had a quiet New Years Eve with the kids, and as we sat sipping wine, and watching Brookie squeal and laugh at her big brother, Tommy remarked that he simply couldn't be happier, and I feel the same way! We are so incredibly blessed....and my top New Year's resolution in to REMEMBER this, each and every day....as stressful and chaotic as some days may seem, I resolve to appreciate the chaos, and cherish each day. We love all of our friends and family so very much, and we were so blessed to get to spend the holidays with many of you!!!!

Gramps and Brookie

Annabelle!

Christmas Eve

Cousins on Christmas Eve Day

Dinner with the girls!

Kiddos at Maria's Christmas Party

Maria's annual Christmas Party

Brookie and I, Lyndsay and Benjamin

Brookie and her beloved Auntie Anna

Brad in the boucer

The Cook Family!

Daddy and Connor having a sword fight!

4 comments:

megan said...

Happy New Years!! I love your resolution. :)

Thanks for posting the pics from Maria's! I was so sad to miss it but I just couldn't get out there for it. It looks like a fun time!!

Hope to see you in 09! :)

These are the Days! said...

Thanks Meg! I missed you over the holidays! Did you have fun? Let's definitely get together soon!!!!! ;)

Mary E. said...

Ummm, doesn't it seem odd that the sword fight is being waged by holding the wrong end of the sword by both participants??? Somebody needs some lessons! :)

Anonymous said...

I like your resolution too... wondering how perfect everything seemed today though... Hope B is feeling better soon!