Monday, February 01, 2010

Progression of the White Paint Project

So, we started painting some of our trim last week.....the living room is done, and I was so excited to hang my new espresso colored, silk dupioni drapes from the Barn (as my husband so lovingly refers to it ;), but alas, I'm not too happy with the purchase. To the right, the gold drapes that we already had, and to the left, the espresso colored new drape. Not digging it. Oh well...I have a lot of other stuff to buy still, so that's okay. What do you all think?



Here's a close-up of the mantle:


And, a close-up of one of the pics on the mantle. I found it in the basement last week, and it's hilarious! I can't believe how young we were--16, and 18 respectively...right before T's senior prom! ;)



We still have a lot of work to do--I'll keep updating as more progress is made...but first, that means I have to get back to it...yikeys! ;)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your fireplace!

These are the Days! said...

Thank you, Laura! You're so sweet...I need a little "color splash" though...still working on that, to! ;)

TaraC said...

I actually like the espresso, it brings a little bit of depth into the room that the gold doesn't

Marie said...

I really like the espresso too. Love all the photos!

These are the Days! said...

Hmmmmm....I know, I like the idea of a darker drape--I don't know..it's something about the way the light shines through the drape, making it so that you can see the white lining--that might be my issue. We haven't taken them back yet...I'm still living with one of each! ha! Thank you so much for your feedback, girls...mwah!

Jess said...

Oh I love the new white paint! I am up to my eyeballs in painting and I sort of want to cry! Ha! I came back to look at yours to remind me that the end result is so very worth it!

Would a heavier window treatment in the espresso help eliminate the see-through problem? I think it looks nice too. :) I can't wait to see what you decide on !