Thursday, January 07, 2010

Let it SNOW!!!

We are in the middle of a winter snow storm which has pounded us all day with gorgeous, powdery, sparkling, white snow. It's been glorious to sit sipping yummy wintery beverages (Guiness was my choice tonight) and marvel at the fact that we have nothing to do (well, sort of ;), and no place to be! Daddy brought snow inside and put it in the kid's water table while I worked upstairs on my bows (I'm addicted, by the way). I heard squeals of delight filtering up the stairs into my office, as they scooped and shoveled the snow!
After I scrambled to make dinner (time passes so quickly while I'm busy crafting) we took the kids out for a night-time snow adventure. Daddy shoveled the driveway and sidewalks, while the kids flopped in, ran on, swept up, and gobbled the snow! They had a ball, and it was so much fun. Connor remarked to me at one point that the snow was sparkling, and it WAS. So beautiful under the street lights. I didn't take pictures, because our escapade was quite impromptu, but it was breath-taking.

I did have a moment when I went chasing after Brookie as she ran down the drive way. Apparently I have no traction on my boots, and my feet flew out from under me and I landed (hard) on my hip and shoulder--taking Brookie down with me! Daddy thought it was quite hilarious as I grumbled about needing new boots, (that's next on my list tonight :). I'm gonna be feeling that one tomorrow, for sure! But other than that we had a brilliant day, and who knows, we might even take a snow day tomorrow, too!!!!

Happy Winter, everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Jessica Ryan said...

snow in the water table is genius!!!

These are the Days! said...

It is but we can't take the credit! ;) Connor's preschool teacher did it the other day when I was the helping parent--I agree, genious!!!