Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Sickos Survive Thanksgiving!

We are officially a family of sickos! This is day number 12 for Brooke (woke up with a fever AGAIN this morning)...the rest of us have all been sick for well over a week, and are still not up to par. I'm not sure if this is the same bug, or if it morphed, or, if we caught something else over the weekend. In any case, I will be soooooooooo grateful when everyone is healthy and feeling GOOD again!!!!!! But, things could be much worse, so I'm trying to stay positive!

Because of the (s)ickies in our house, we stayed home on Thanksgiving. It was a very quiet day--just the four of us. Tommy wasn't feeling all that bad yet, so he still got up and ran the Turkey Trot--I was so jealous! He finished in the top 5% too, so I was excited for him!!! After the run I cooked my first ever bird, and we dined a "formal" dinner around our table...which was oh, so nice, until about 2.5 seconds into the feast when Connor began spewing his green beans, and Brookie started to re-mash her potatoes with her chubby little fingers. Mmmmmmmmm....a meal fit for....our family, that's for sure! ;)

But I was still proud of my turkey-bird! I used a recipe from W.S., rolling softened butter mixed with turkey herbs into a log, refrigerating, and then, when preparing the turkey, cut the "log" into discs and slid them under the skin. I then filled the bird with apples, onions, and garlic, rubbed it down with olive oil, salt, pepper, and herbs, and added a little white wine to the mix. It ended up being very juicy, and succulent, and we were pleased!!! Yay! ;)


Auntie Teah braved the "infirmary" on Friday, and declared that she didn't care if we had scarlet fever--she was coming over to see us! We love you Auntie Tea! ;) She came bearing gifts, and man oh man, for kiddos who had seen no faces except for mine and Tommy's for a week, they were no less than THRILLED to see Teah's beautiful smiling countenance!


It even SNOWED on Friday morning! It was beautiful, and though it melted quickly, there was time for the kiddos to catch a little fresh air, bundle up, and play outside on the deck for a few minutes, at least! ;) Connor was in seventh-heaven. I still have to get Brooke snow boots for this winter, so all I could find in the closet were a pair of hand-me-downs....which she was not so impressed with. My little diva was stubborn for at least 15 minutes before she finally lamented and let me put the boots on her so she could go out, too! Ha! Auntie Anna, we're pretty sure she might take after you...a little! ;)




Thankfully, Tommy and I felt better by the weekend, so we were able to escape for a little while, and see friends and family. Brad, our Anna's future husband--and his family were in town, too, so it was so wonderful to get to spend time with them. Wow, Anna is going to have so much fun being a part of that family--they are just awesome!






Unfortunately, socializing and talking over the weekend was really hard on the ol' voice, and, I pretty much lost it by Sunday...still waiting to regain it today! But, it was worth it to catch up with wonderful friends, and celebrate the holidays. Bring on December, and we're kicking this flu bug out the door with November! ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi !.
might , perhaps curious to know how one can make real money .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may start earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
AimTrust represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with structures everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your chance That`s what you really need!

I feel good, I started to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to select a correct companion utilizes your funds in a right way - that`s it!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://obofunijuc.mindnmagick.com/pejaly.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to get rid of nastiness of the life

Marie said...

I LOVE your new header picture! 12 days sick is just ridiculous...I hope you all are feeling much much better soon. :)