Thursday, August 13, 2009

And, Part Deux....

We have had the most tremendous time up North. I can hardly believe it's been fourteen days, and now we're looking around at our mountain of "stuff", thinking about re-packing the car in order to drive south tomorrow. No more listening to the wind rustle through the birch trees on the deck. No more waking up to the smell of Dad's coffee percolating in the kitchen, making getting out of bed before 7am much more tolerable...maybe even nice! :) No more chasing Ms. Brookie all over the beach, stopping to "talk" to every doggy (and their owners), before finally making it to our final playground destination. No more feel of FLYING as the jet ski hits speeds around 55 mph, wind in your face, freedom like no other! No more hearing Connor beg to go fishing down at the dock....

But, we can go home revived and refreshed, ready to start another year! Much to look forward to upon our return! I bought some wonderful things for Brookie's room at the Pottery Barn outlet on the way up....maybe I can get some advise from my sister's new employer--one of HGTV's hottest stars! ;) (Anna, am I allowed to say who? :) Connor starts soccer and pre-school in a mere couple of weeks, and soon it will be time to plant mums in the planters, and buy gourds and pumpkins for the front porch. Where does the time go? Well, at least we have beautiful pictures and a vast array of memories to commemorate our glorious vacation to culminate the summer of 2009!







5 comments:

wilma said...

So sweet! Those are great photos, looks like a great vacation! Have I mentioned lately how beautiful those kids are?

Jessica Ryan said...

I feel like I was on vacation just from your description! Sounds wonderful! Your photos are wonderful and I hope you get some framed.

These are the Days! said...

Thank you, ladies!! You're so sweet! :) We had a wonderful time...but, as all good things do, it came to an end, and now we're back home. But I definitely will be uploading my pics and ordering a bunch today!!! ;)

Mary E. said...

Order some for your mama.

Margaret said...

liz, they are absolutely beautiful!! glad you had a great vaca! :)