Monday, August 03, 2009

Not a Care in the World.....

Here I sit, breathing in the heavenly smells at our family cottage, on the lake. Ahhhhh....what is it about this place? It's like coming home. Nothing ever changes. Aside from new carpet, a new duvet cover in one room, a couple new pieces of furniture, appliances, and a few other items, everything is a constant. The same curtains that my grandmother sewed in the 60's, same pine knot-holes that I spent hours laying in bed looking at as a child--even the same little crib that I slept in as a baby. Glorious. Some things never need to change, in my book. This is a place that you can come to and re-discover yourself, what you love, and remember those that lovingly built this place for the rest of us to enjoy for years, and years to come. We're here for two wonderful weeks, and so far, have been having a divine time!!!






2 comments:

Jessica Ryan said...

Sounds divine! How nice to have something like that to look forward to... someplace where your children will create many of the very same memories!

These are the Days! said...

YES!! Just like your Maine trips...I'm all about sentimental value!! ;)