Saturday, August 15, 2009

Home...So Why am I Still Eating Chips????

Back to life. Back to reality. Back to phone calls, emails (even though we had internet at the lake, I used the "vacation" excuse to the max...reading very selectively, and answering even more selectively :), to a messy house, a trip to the grocery store, running into people we know at the grocery store, a lawn that needs mowed, etc., etc., etc. I left a life of relaxation and leisure behind, to come back to our REAL LIFE..which I love, and really did miss.

One thing I didn't leave behind were my horrible eating habits. U.G.H...I was sooo bad on vacation. Doughnuts, coffee with creamer (sweet creamer, ta bout), DQ tag-a-long blizzards (can I say, "yum"), fried chicken, mashed potatoes, Subway sandwiches at the beach...and the list goes on, and on, and (quite unfortunately...ooooonnnnn). So, here I am, back at home, eating a nice turkey sandwich and CHIPS for lunch! I don't eat chips in REAL LIFE...I really don't. But, I guess I'm not quite ready to give up my vacation mentality. Plus, Grandma dropped off a home-made apple pie last night upon our return. She makes THE BEST apple pies--with apples from her own trees, right there in the front yard. She rolls out her pie crust from scratch, and it bakes up so golden brown and crispy....mmmmmm...how can I pass that up???

So, my friends, MONDAY it is. Monday vacation ends, and I will greet reality head-on. I have my Kashi Go-Lean cereal waiting for me in the pantry, skim milk to add sparingly to my coffee, tubs of Organic fresh herb salad mix with feta for lunch. And, if I get really inspired, I'll pull out my "Oprah Detox Diet" (I'll post more about this, later) and quit messing around all together. Maybe by Wednesday.....right now, I'm having a piece of apple pie...al'amode, of course! ;)

2 comments:

Jessica Ryan said...

what's the Oprah diet detox? I was on South Beach Diet at the begining of the summer and did great... then I went to Maine and I have been horrible ever since... sigh... Mmmm, a donut sounds good right about now!

These are the Days! said...

I'm going to have to write the details when I get my heiny in gear and get back on it...I couldn't find a link on her site anymore, but I have an original article (hard copy) that I'll type out the jist of...it's an elimination/detox diet--it sucks, but it works...my muffin top is telling me it's time to do it again! ;)