Saturday, August 22, 2009

Favorite Summer Memories....

I just hopped on Jess's (The Entertaining Mom's) blog, to read her latest new and delicious post, and was thrilled to discover her "Favorite Summer Memories"....makes me miss summer already--and, it's not even gone yet! Make sure you stop by and read her post...a taste of a real New England summer....ahhhhh! Since she tagged me, I guess I'll give you a taste of an Ohio summer...doesn't quite have the same flair, now, does it? :) But, you get a taste of it anyway! Ha!


Favorite Summer Movie: Ooohhhh...I just watched "Mama Mia" with Teah, Lynne, and my Mom, and loooooved it. I would have to say that's my new favorite summer movie. Since Jessica already claimed "Grease", I won't do it, but...can I please just claim the line in "Summer Nights" when John Travolta sings..."oooohhhh, uh....those suuuuuhhhhuuuuummmmer, ni-hiiiiii--iiii-iiii-iiiiii--iitttesss..." Gives me chills just thinking about it! :)

Favorite Summer Cocktail: Oh, this is so hard. But, judging from what I've poured a glass of nearly every night since the on-set of summer, I would have to say a crisp, clean Chardonnay....mmmmmmmm...drinking one currently.

Favorite Summer Song: I always love me a little Bob Marley, and, has anyone else heard the new segment on Noggin, featuring a gorgeous version of "Three Little Birds"??? That makes me happy! ;) It's really hard to narrow it down to just one, though.

Favorite Summer Meal: Hmmm...I am in love with Earthbound Organics Fresh Herb Salad Mix...YUM!!! I love this with grilled chicken, feta cheese, fresh tomatoes from the garden, and a little Garlic Expressions dressing. Soooo good!!!


I also love to parboil Country Ribs, for a few hours, and then create a foil "boat", slather the ribs in really good bbq sauce, and throw the "boat" on the grill for 20 minutes or so....yum, yum, yum!!! :)


Favorite Summer Outfit: Wow! I guess I would have to say a tube dress that is easy to wear, comfy, and cute, all at the same time!

Favorite Summer Reading: I love to read during the summer. My favorite thing to do is to sit on our porch swing with a glass of Chardonnay on a summer's evening, and read a good book. Granted, these nights are few and far between at this point in our lives, but I treasure them. I've read many wonderful books this summer, including:
"And the Shofar Blew", Francine Rivers
"Accidental Mother", by Rowen Coleman
"Fire by Night", and "All She Ever Wanted", by Lynn Austin....
among others! ;)


Favorite Summer Moment: Oh goodness, there are many, many perfect moments that would describe this summer. We spent many glorious nights at The Winery at Otter Creek. We get a bottle of Chardonnay (to start :), sit out by the beautiful lake in Adirondack chairs, watch the beautiful sunset...ahhh..simply brilliant!
Spending time up North with friends and family...every day was to die for up there..*sigh*..
The fourth of July celebrations in our quaint town, including spectacular (in our humble opinion :) fireworks displays, spending time (and money...oye, ve) at the street fair, catching up with old friends, riding in the parade, etc., etc.
And, finally, spending days at the pool--chasing after little Brookie, watching Connor become more and more confident in the "big" pool, eating the greasiest french fries and grilled cheeses one could ever imagine!!!

Ahhh....can't wait to do it all again, next year!!!

Next, I think we should explore our favorite things about fall....so we don't become entirely distraught that summer is coming to a close...*sigh*...again. Thank the Lord for seasons! Something to look forward to every three months! ;) Although, winter can stay far, far away in my book!!!

I'm tagging:

The (anti) Boring Blog

I heart

Everyday Matters

A Mom's Life

So Happily Us...

We 5 Forgeys

Crossing the Prairie

No comments: