Thursday, August 20, 2009

Progress Report.....

Just a quick note to say that CONNOR has slept ALL NIGHT in his new room for THREE NIGHTS IN A ROW!!!!!!!!!!!! WAAAHOOOO!!! He's doing so well, and actually we've noticed a definite improvement in his behavior, as well--probably due to sleeping uninterrupted all night. Brookie is still a work-in-progress, but we'll get there--slowly but surely.

After all of this, I've often asked myself if I had it to do all over again would I choose to co-sleep, and without a doubt, I'd have to answer in the affirmative. It's definitely not for everyone, and there are some real difficulties that come along with co-sleeping (including the issues of night-weaning if you're nursing, and transitioning into the child's own bed), but I must admit, I adore my sweet baby's breath on my neck, and feeling her little heart pitter-patter away as she's curled up in the crook of my arm. I've come to realize that even if we have ten kids (deep breath, Mom...just a hypothetical, and most definitely not in the plan :), I'd probably end up *happily* sharing sleep with each one of them! (*Obviously last night was a good night in terms of sleep, or I might be singing a different tune this morning! Ha! :)

Speaking of sleep, I was turned onto this website PickNicksBrain by a family of one of the children that I teach. It's actually really cool! After dealing with a baby who had major sleep difficulties, Nicole dedicated her time and energy into researching sleep (among other subjects relevant to baby/toddlerhood) in order to help other struggling mommys. Check it out if you have a chance--good stuff!

3 comments:

Maria said...

Liz, that is so great about Connor!! Yeah! Doesn't it feel good to feel rested?! ;-) Now, if I could only get little Ellie to do the same thing! Ugh! I am living off S-bucks at the moment, but, like you said, I wouldn't have it any other way. I love snuggling with my baby Eleanor. I put the pack-n-play upstairs hoping to move her out of our bed, but I couldn't do it. Mainly b/c I am too lazy to have to get out of bed to feed her, but also because I love the way she smells and her little noises at night (yes, we had a good night sleep last night as well, otherwise, I might be saying differently!). But, I am confident she will transition to her bed fine when the time is right. Love the blogging Liz! you have a real talent!

These are the Days! said...

Oh Maria--how IS sweet little Eleanor (and Claire-bear)? I saw your mom and sis the other day and we were talking about how you have the most beautiful babies...I NEED to see them again. Let's try to figure out a time for me to come visit, okay? We'll just come down for the day--maybe next week? What's your schedule like? Love ya! And thanks for your sweet words! :)

Jessica Ryan said...

You've been tagged ;)